Community Service Requirement
Youth Service Learning
To be considered on track with the community service hour requirement you must have the following amount of hours turned end by the end of the grade level indicated:
9th Grade: 22 hours
10th Grade: 44 hours
11th Grade: 66 hours
The 85 required hours to graduate may be done in one single project or they may be done from several projects. The following table indicates the categories of YSL projects, example projects/activities and the maximum amount of hours that will be allowed to count toward the required 85 YSL hours.
Type of Project
Max. # of Hrs. Allowed
Non-Profit Community or
School-Based Linked to Community
Organization Dinner or Event, Rodeo Set-up/Clean-up, Can Food/Coat Drives, etc.
Sport Fundraising, Campus Beautification, Score Keeper, Concessions
Medical/Dental Office, Construction,
City Hall, Mechanic Shop, Law Enforcement Ride-Along
- Hours can only be completed before school, afterschool, weekends, and during the summer. If you attend summer school, you can’t miss school to work on hours.
- You must submit time sheet within 2 month from the last date of project to to receive full credit. After 2 months it becomes ½ credit. After a year you earn = no credit.
- Hours completed during summer must be turned in within the first 2 weeks of school to receive full credit.
- Complete entire form. Forms missing the following will not be awarded credit: Supervisor Signature & contact #, Student Name & ID number.
- Supervisor may not be a relative.
- All projects should be approved prior to starting to ensure that it meets the requirements.
After School Program- All events contact Mike Flores at 564-7114
- F.J White – 564-8021
- Castle Rock – 564-8001
Non- Profit organizations
- Lion’s Club
Woodlake Youth Soccer- Contact Greg Gonzalez at 300-0452 or Florencio Guerra at 564-5212.
Woodlake Family Resource Center (Healthy Start)- Contact Alma Escamilla at 564-5212 (3) Letters of Recommendation are needed.
Woodlake City Hall- Contact Irene Zacarias at 564-8055.
Police Department – 564-3346
Woodlake Botanical Garden- Manuel Jimenez - 280-2483 or 564-3607
Vacation Bible School (VBS) or Church activities–
Contact Church pastor.
Sequoia Riverlands Trust- Kaley Dodson at 562-310-0168
SCHOOL RELATED: ( 22hrs max)
Club Fundraisers (Mecha, Interact, Key Club, etc.)- See Advisor
Schools Sport Assistance or Activities - Contact Coaches
- Score Keeper, Stats
- Water boy/ Water Girl
- Ref @ Middle School Asst. Coach @ middle school.
ALL JOB SHADOWING MUST BE PRE APPROVED